The Recreational Lodging provides quality accommodations and hospitality services on Fort Greely. Whether you are coming to Fort Greely for temporary duty (TDY), relocating permanently (PCS), or just passing through, we would like the opportunity to meet your lodging needs.
Whether you are coming to Fort Greely for temporary duty (TDY), relocating permanently, or just passing through, we would like the opportunity to meet your lodging needs
Recreational Vehicle Storage
The Recreational Vehicle Storage Lot gives you a place to safely store your trailers, campers, boats, or other off-road vehicles. No more parking on the street or in the yard - do right by your recreational vehicle, and park it at the RV Storage Lot.
- Multiple lot sizes
- 24-hour Access
- Fee: $10 per space
All patrons must possess a valid Military identification card and must be the titled owner of any recreational vehicle being stored. Patrons will be responsible for all personal equipment and activity property damaged caused by themselves, family members, and/or their vehicle.
Registrations can be done at the Outdoor Recreation Center by appointment only.
- Please fill out and print the Application Form: Recreational Vehicle Storage Application
To request access to the Recreational Vehicle Storage Lot, please contact:
- Outdoor Recreation: +1(907) 873-4058
- Tuesday–Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. I Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fort Greely Police Department: +1(907)873-COPS (2677)
- 24 hours a day - seven (7) days a week — when Outdoor Recreation is closed.
Authorized patrons include active-duty military personnel and their family members, activated Reservists and Army National Guard members, retired military personnel, civilian Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, foreign national employees assigned, and working directly for the DoD and DoD contractors working full-time on the installation.
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individual-approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
Click here for a complete list of MWR patronage authorization.
School Support Services
School Support Services
The military life presents unique challenges to students, and School Support Services (a part of Child & Youth Services, or CYS) can help. Through deployments, PCS moves and the other stresses of growing up in a Military Family, we bring parents, schools, and communities together to help our students.
We provide a wide range of programming, including tutoring services, assistance entering a new school, and Adopt-A-School programs – and it’s all focused on the success of our military families and their students.
Our School Liaison Officers (SLOs) work directly with Families, educators, administrators, and military units to smooth transitions and deliver the best resources to military students. Their services are completely free – so reach out and meet your SLO today.
How do they do it? By
- Helping schools understand the challenges military Families face
- Informing parents about local school policies
- Giving Families information about local schools, graduation requirements, after school programs, youth sponsorship and homeschooling
- Connecting units and schools through partnership initiatives
- Conducting workshops to help parents navigate educational transition and advocate for their children
- Providing an array of resources that benefit military youth and improve school experiences
Sports & Fitness Center
The Sports, Fitness & Aquatics Center activities and services, develop the strength and fitness of Soldiers and the general health of the military community.
Fitness programs provide Soldiers, DA civilians, Family members, and retirees to demand-driven opportunities to combat stress, enhance general physical fitness, and contribute to the Total Army Family's overall wellness.
The Sports, Fitness & Aquatic Center facilitates both directed and self-directed physical training, conditioning, and recreational opportunities.
- Physical Readiness Training Facility (Indoor Track)
- Functional Fitness Room
- Weight Rooms
- Multi-Purpose Court
- Racquetball Court
- Cardiovascular Room
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Locker Rooms
- Administrative office
Valdez Camp Host Office
We appreciate your interest in staying at Valdez Glacier Campground!
Please be aware that due to guidance provided by the State of Alaska, and local health authorities, the campground will be operated by reservations only. Until further notice, we are no accepting First Come, First Served.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. For more information, please contact our Reservations Office at +1(907)873-4795