We will start taking reservations by phone on March 31, 2023, for the RV Electric Pads, Dry Cabins, and Large Group Camping Areas. Please contact our Reservations Office at +1(907)873-4795.
The Standard Non-Electric Campsites and the RV Non-Electric Pads will be available on a First-Come, First-Served basis.
The 2023 Season opens on May 26 and closes on September 4.
- 85 Standard Non-Electric Campsites (RV/Tent Sites)
- 14 RV Electric Pads (20/30, 50 amp)
- 8 RV Non-Electric Pads
- 4 Dry Cabins (6 Additional Dry Cabins - Coming Soon)
- 2 Large Group Camping Areas
- Picnic Tables and Fire Rings at every site
- Bath House and 6 Latrines
- Dump Station
- Natural Trail
- Dump Station: $10
- Showers and Potable Water: $5
- Dry Cabins
Exclusive to Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve, Retirees, Veterans, DoD Civilians, and Fort Greely Contractors.
Our four (4) dry cabins come in a convenient setup to help suit everyone's needs.
- Full/Twin Bunk Cabin
- These cabins offer a Twin over a Full bunk bed.
- Maximum occupancy of 3.
- Twin Bunk Cabin
- These cabins provide two (2) sets of Twin over a Twin bunk bed.
- Maximum occupancy of 4.
- Equipped with a Mini Fridge, Microwave, and a Ceramic Heater.
- Onsite Bathhouse with handicap shower and restrooms are available for all registered guests - open 24/7
Reservations for the Dry Cabins are required.
Note: Customers are responsible for providing their own bedding, linens, pillows, towels, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Full/Twin Bunk Cabin
- Group Camping Areas
Valdez Glacier Campground offers two broad areas that provide plenty of room for group camping, reunions, birthday parties, weddings, and other family events.
- 1 Pavilion
- This group campsite has a Pavilion with picnic tables and a fire ring. The camping area is ideally located right at the edge of a waterfall.
Please note: The waterfall is available to the public; it is not exclusive to the Pavilion site reservations. Camping in front of the access to the waterfall is not allowed.
- 1 U-Shape Campsite
- This group campsite is equipped with picnic tables and a fire ring and includes a tire swing for our little guests.
Reservations for the group camping areas are required.
- 1 Pavilion
- Valdez Glacier Campground Rates
* Military Rate applies to Active Duty, members of the National Guard and Reserve, Retirees, and Veterans. Must present a valid Military ID, Military Dependent ID, or Veteran ID upon check-in.
Dry Cabins - Reservations Required
Category Rate Civilians $79 per night Military* $69 per night
Group Camping Areas - Reservations Required
Pavilion or U-Shape Camping Site
(Up to 8 tents)
$75 per night
Tent Sites - First-Come, First-Served Basis
Category Rate Civilians $20 per night Military* $15 per night
RV Electric Pads (20/30 amp) - Reservations Required
Category Rate Civilians $35 per night Military* $30 per night
RV Electric Pads (50 amp) - Reservations Required
Category Rate Civilians $40 per night Military* $35 per night
RV Non-Electric Pad - First-Come, First-Served Basis
Category Rate Civilians $25 per night Military* $20 per night
- Pet Policy
We welcome your well-behaved, leashed pets — 6' leash length limit!
Sorry, Pets are not allowed inside the Dry Cabins rentals. Please follow the clean-up rules —a $100 cleaning fee will be applied if violated.
- General Rules
All reservations must be paid in full by cash, check, Visa, or Master Card when booking. Valdez Glacier Campground can hold a reservation for up to 24 hours. Please note that FMWR does not accept AMEX and Discover. We apologize for the inconvenience.
5-Days Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations must be made via email or in-person no later than five days before the arrival date to be eligible for a full refund.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning the cabin out before checkout. $100 cleaning fee will be applied if violated.
- Pets are not allowed inside the rentals. $100 cleaning fee will be applied if violated.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the rentals. $300 cleaning fee will be applied if violated.
- Fish cleaning is not allowed anywhere on the Campground. $300 fee will be applied if violated.
- Camping in front of the access to the waterfall is not allowed.
- Lost, damaged, or destroyed government property will be charged at current market value.
- Please turn off all lights, heaters, and appliances when leaving the Campground and checking out.
- Be aware of waste; this is a high bear traffic area.
- Do not leave food, coolers, or garbage unattended at your campsite.
Thank you for your interest in the Valdez Glacier Campground operated by Fort Greely Family and MWR!
We're excited to welcome you all back to our Campground, and we're looking forward to a great 2023 camping season!
Vacation Memories that last a lifetime!
Valdez Glacier Campground is perfect for both outdoor enthusiasts and nature photographers alike. From beautiful waterfalls to amazing views, the wildlife and abundance of fishing opportunities for your family is certain to create lifelong memories.
Glacier run-off provides a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a crystal clear creek next to our Large Group Camping Area. Without a doubt, visitors to the Campground will be struck by its beauty and grandeur.
We invite you to spend an Alaskan Summer with us in the heart of the Chugach Mountains beneath the famous Valdez Glacier.
Amenities available for Non-Guest
FMWR has a small office located at the entrance of the Campground equipped with staff for onsite assistance.