Valdez Glacier Campground
- Effective as of 5pm on Friday, July 10th
- All persons in Valdez over the age of five must wear a protective mask or cloth face covering in public or communal places outside the home where social distancing of six feet cannot be maintained.
- 85 Standard Non-Electric Campsites (RV/Tent Sites)
- 14 RV Electric Pads (20/30, 50 amp)
- 8 RV Non-Electric Pads
- 2 Dry Camping Travel Trailers
- 4 Dry Cabins
- 2 Large Group Camping Areas
- Picnic Tables and Fire Rings at every site
- Bath House and 6 Latrines
- Dump Station
- Firewood Available for Purchase
- Natural Trail
Dump Station: $10
Showers and Potable Water: $5
- Dry Camping Travel Trailers and Cabins
Dry camping travel trailers and cabins rentals are exclusive to Active Duty, members of the National Guard and Reserve, Retirees, Veterans, DoD Civilians, and Fort Greely Contractors.
Dry Camping Travel Trailers
We offer two-bedroom trailers that provide a little touch of home as you enjoy Valdez Glacier Campground. Accommodation capacity varies on trailer model.
- Kitchen areas are equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, and sink.
Trailers are not equipped with running water. However, an onsite Bathhouse with handicap shower and restrooms are available for all registered guests - open 24/7.
Our four (4) dry cabins come in a convenient setup to help suit everyone’s needs.
- Full/Twin Bunk Cabin
- These cabins offer a Twin over a Full bunk bed.
- Maximum occupancy of 3.
- Twin Bunk Cabin
- These cabins offer a two (2) sets of Twin over Twin bunk beds.
- Maximum occupancy of 4.
- Equipped with a Mini Fridge, Microwave, and a Ceramic Heater.
Onsite Bathhouse with handicap shower and restrooms are available for all registered guests - open 24/7
Note: Customers are responsible for providing their own bedding, linens, pillows, towels, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Group Camping Areas
Valdez Glacier Campground offers two broad areas that provide plenty of room for group camping, reunions, birthday parties, weddings, and other family events.
- 1 Pavilion
- This group campsite has a Pavilion with picnic tables and a fire ring. The camping area is ideally located right at the edge of a waterfall. Please note that the waterfall is not exclusive to Pavilion site reservations.
- 1 U-Shape Campsite
- This group campsite is equipped with picnic tables and a fire ring and includes a tire swing for our little guests.
Reservations are required.
- 1 Pavilion
- Valdez Glacier Campground Rates
* Military Rate applies to Active Duty, members of the National Guard and Reserve, Retirees, and Veterans. Must present a valid Military ID, Military Dependent ID, or a Veteran ID upon check-in.
Dry Camping Travel Trailers
Rental Trailer Guest Category Rate Baypoint (Sleeps 8) Civilians $94 per night Baypoint (Sleeps 8) Military* $84 per night Wanderer (Sleeps 5) Civilians $89 per night Wanderer (Sleeps 5) Military* $79 per night
Category Rate Civilians $79 per night Military* $69 per night
Group Camping Areas
Pavilion or U-Shape Camping Site
(Up to 8 tents)
$50 per night
Category Rate Civilians $20 per night Military* $15 per night
RV Electric Pads (20/30 amp)
Category Rate Civilians $35 per night Military* $30 per night
RV Electric Pads (50 amp)
Category Rate Civilians $40 per night Military* $35 per night
RV Non-Electric Pad
Category Rate Civilians $25 per night Military* $20 per night
- Pet Policy
We welcome your well-behaved, leashed pets — 6' leash length limit!
Sorry, no pets are allowed inside our rental dry Camping Trailers and Cabins. Please follow the clean-up rules. A cleaning fee will be applied if violated.
- General Rules
All reservations must be paid in full by cash, check, Visa, or Master Card when booking. Valdez Glacier Campground can hold a reservation for 24 hours until completion and return of the Reservation Form. AMEX and Discover are not accepted cards with FMWR.
Cancelations must be made via email or in-person no later than five days prior to arrival date to qualify for a full refund.
Guests are responsible for cleaning the cabin out before checkout. ($100 cleaning fee will be applied if violated)
- No pets are allowed inside the rentals. ($100 cleaning fee will be applied if violated)
- No smoking is allowed inside the rentals. ($300 cleaning fee will be applied if violated)
- No cleaning fish anywhere on the campground. ($300 fee will be applied if violated)
- Lost, damaged, or destroyed government property will be charged at current market value.
- Please turn off all lights, heaters, and appliances when leaving the campground and checking out.
- Be aware of waste; this is a high bear traffic area.
- Do not leave food, coolers, or garbage unattended at your campsite.
We appreciate your interest in staying at Valdez Glacier Campground!
Please be aware that due to guidance provided by the State of Alaska, and local health authorities, the campground will be operated by reservations only. Until further notice, we are no accepting First Come, First Served.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. For more information, please contact our Reservations Office at +1(907)873-4795
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Camp Host Office
|Monday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
Valdez Local Health Mandate #003
Mandate details, including applicability and exceptions, are available on the Valdez Unified Command's website: http://valdezak.gov/COVID-19.
To download the local mandate, click here.
Stay safe and healthy! Remember your mask!
Vacation Memories that last a lifetime!
Valdez Glacier Campground is perfect for both outdoor enthusiasts and nature photographers alike. From beautiful waterfalls to amazing views, the wildlife, and abundance of fishing opportunities for your family is certain to create lifelong memories.
Glacier run-off provides a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a crystal clear creek next to our Large Group Camping Area. Without a doubt, visitors to the campground will be struck by its beauty and grandeur.
We invite you to spend an Alaskan Summer with us in the heart of the Chugach Mountains beneath the famous Valdez Glacier.
Amenities available for Non-Guest
Learn More about the Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan.