- Car repair/service
- Hairdressing and hairstyling
- Home baking and meal preparation
- Pet grooming and pet sitting
- Massage therapy
- Retail sales from home
- Bookkeeping and tax preparation
- Personal training conducted outside the home
- Photography, graphic design, and advertising services
- Tutoring and music instruction
- Entertainment or travel planning
- Housecleaning and lawn care
- Selling items from multi-level marketing (MLM) companies
- If you operate an HBB on post and aren’t yet approved, now’s the time to get official.
- We’ve recently streamlined processes, so they’re easier than ever. You can get approved within 60 days.
- Moving your HBB from another installation? If you were approved there, the process is even easier!
- New Army guidance directs installations to “find a way to say yes” to HBB owners – so we’re prepared to make this easy for you.
- Official on-post offerings from AAFES, the Commissary and MWR no longer consider HBBs competition, and you don’t have to gain their approval.
- Operating an HBB from your quarters without approval can violate policy and get you in trouble.
Home Based Businesses (HBBs) are an important contributor to Army Family quality of life – new changes to procedures makes it easier and quicker gain approval to operate an on-post HBB.
HBBs allow Families to work from their Army quarters, developing rewarding careers that follow them through PCS moves. The wide span of HBBs operated by Army Families includes:
HBB owners need to obtain approval from the garrison commander or senior commander. We’ve recently streamlined the process to make it quicker and easier.
Not everyone who works from home operates an HBB though. If you work remotely from your home, you probably don’t need approval. Other examples of businesses that don’t need approval are:
Home Based Business approval is quick and easy!
The Army’s new standardized HBB application template streamlines the approval process. Of course, installations are still required to adhere to local and state laws and regulations regarding home business operations, so check into those, too.
Here’s the process:
Step 1: Obtain the HBB Application. Visit the Army Community Service Office.
Step 2: Complete the Application. Ask your ACS representative if you have questions at +1 (907)873-2479. If you need any additional documentation (like licensing or certifications), get that, too.
Step 3: Turn in the Application: Once you’ve completed your paperwork, submit the application to your Army Community Service. Keep a copy of the completed application for your own records.
Within 60 days, you should get notification of approval. Simple!
Get approved now!
Don’t delay. Get your Home Based Business registered today by contacting your local Army Community Service Office!