ATV-SxS Safety Rider Course
Get certified to get out and ride!
Earn your ATV Safety Card with the help of Outdoor Recreation.
If you are thinking about participating in an Outdoor Recreation ATV-Side by Side (SxS) trip this summer or are interested in learning how to ride your own ATV-SxS safely, you'll want to attend the ATV-Side by Side (SxS) Rider Course. Whatever your experience, you'll come away as a better rider.
The ATV Safety Riders Course promotes the safe and responsible use of ATVs, thereby reducing accidents and injuries that may result from improper operation by the rider.
The Hands-On Course is required to rent an ATV-SxS with Outdoor Recreation.
ATV Safety Course Dates (Weather permitted)
- June 1 - Register by May 27
- June 15 - Register by June 13
- June 29 - Register by June 27
- July 13 - Register by July 11
- July 27 - Register by July 25
- August 3 - Register by August 1
- August 10 - Register by August 8
- August 24 - Register by August 22
- August 31 - Register by August 29
- September 28 - Register by August 26
- October 5 - Register by October 3
- October 12 - Register by October 10
- Location: Outdoor Recreation, Bldg. 627
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Limited to 8 people per course.
Make your Group! Additional dates are available upon request.
The Side by Side (SxS) Safety Rider Course is available by request only. Please contact us to schedule the in-person training.
- Patrons interested in participating in the SxS Safety Rider Course must complete the E-Course in advance and provide the Instructor with the certificate.
To access the Safety E-Course, please visit https://cbt.rohva.org/.
$15 per person
For registration or more information, please contact our Recreation Specialist by phone at +1(907)873-4600 or via email at email@example.com.
- The training is open to MWR Eligible Patrons - 18 years old and older.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
Proper Equipment and Clothing
ATV riding requires protection for the head, eyes, hands, and feet, flying debris, or contact with foliage.
- Quality motorcycle helmet, eye protection, over the ankle boots (no tennis Shoes), gloves, long pants (no shorts), and a long-sleeved shirt or jacket are required.
- Outdoor Recreation will provide helmets, eye protection, and ATVs. You are welcome to bring your own helmet and eye protection if desired.