Virtual Gingerbread House Contest
Challenge yourself and enter for your chance to win a great prize!
Grab your kitchen tools and get ready to bake with our Virtual Gingerbread House Contest! Challenge yourself and enter for your chance to win a great prize!
The Gingerbread House Contest is open to all MWR Eligible Patrons.
- Adult: Individual adult, ages 17 years & up
- Child: Individual child, ages 8-16 years
- Family: 1 adult & 1 child minimum ages 3-7
How to Enter
- Participants may enter up to three (3) close-up photos of the Gingerbread House. Please include one (1) photo of the entry and builder/s together to qualify.
- Participants must submit photos between 12 p.m. December 7 and 11:59 p.m. December 13, 2020, by a direct message to Fort Greely Family and MWR Facebook Page or Instagram).
- All submissions must include the Name and Category.
GENERAL ENTRY GUIDELINES (Applies to ALL Categories)
- Entry must be original - no gingerbread kits allowed.
- All gingerbread houses must be 100% edible except for lights. For example, must unwrap all-foil or plastic-wrapped candies or lollipops. Be Creative!
- Houses must have all MAJOR components, such as walls and roofs constructed of gingerbread, graham crackers or cookies, etc.).
- Artificial interior materials such as Styrofoam or wood to support the gingerbread structure are not allowed.
- Houses must fit within a 24-inch x 24-inch space.
Judging & Prizes
- Overall appearance
- Originality and creativity
- Choice and use of materials
There will be one winner per category, determined by our judges. Winners will receive:
- Adult: Chrome Notebook
- Child: Nintendo Switch Lite
- Family Division: Holiday Basket
Winners' names will be posted on Fort Greely Family and MWR Facebook Page. Prizes do not imply endorsement by the Army or any other party.
Winner Selection and Notification:
- 1 Winner for each division (per age group) will be selected after the close of the participant's submission period (11:59 p.m. (AKDT) December 13, 2020).
- Winners will be notified by private message within five (5) days following the selection of Winner.
- Fort Greely Family and MWR shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices.
- If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within seven days (7) from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected.
- By entering the contest (photo, text, etc.), parents or guardians grant Fort Greely Family and MWR the right to use submissions for purposes of advertising in any media outlets without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
In the event, Fort Greely Family and MWR is prevented from continuing with the Contest, or the integrity of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond the Army's control, shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without further obligation.
Fort Greely Family and MWR will not be held responsible for entries that may be undelivered, delayed, or illegible entries. Fort Greely Family and MWR reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or voids any entries submitted fraudulently.
The Gingerbread House Contest hosted by Fort Greely Family and MWR is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Stay Connected! Get in the festive spirit with Fort Greely Holiday-Themed Events Guide.